January 2, 2021
Happy New Year, Madison Art Society Members!
We made it through a challenging 2020 and look forward to a peaceful, healthy, and creative 2021! The Madison Art Society Board of Directors has been creating opportunities for all of our members to stay connected and engaged in art.
Please welcome the newly elected Board of Directors for 2021:
President -Hilary Griffin Co VP– Jeanne O’Brien
Co-VP -Cheryl Sorensen Treasurer- Linda McCarthy
Secretary -Elena Gerard Membership– Alyssa Ingram
Website -Jen Thompson Exhibitions -Melissa Imossi
Exhibitions– Janine Robertson Town Hall Artists -Steven Pynn
Exhibitions -Christine Drago Exhibitions -Mark Hough
Publicity -Jennifer Corcoran Demos/Lectures -Marianne Dietz
In spite of the continuing restrictions due to the Coronavirus, the MAS board was able to offer the following highlights:
- Online Fall Elected Artist Exhibit, with 3 cash prizes awarded and with selling opportunities
- “Tis the Season Holiday Exhibit”, with exhibition and selling opportunities for members
- Demos- Oil painter Jackie Jones and watercolorist Alan James
- Art History Lectures by Courtney Long and Bob Potter
- Creations While in Quarantine Gallery on the MAS website
- Plein air painting outings from spring through fall at various locations
- Social media promotions on Facebook and Instagram, reaching thousands of viewers
In order to continue to provide our members with these engaging offerings, we remind you that the annual membership dues of $25 are due, covering you from January 1st– December 31st, 2021. If your dues were not paid last year and you held Elected Artists status, it is necessary for you to pay the past dues in order to maintain your status. Your support of MAS allows us to continue to plan exhibits and events in the future. Upcoming events include:
- Zoom Demo-Jan 13th, 10am, Diane Brown Cold Wax Demo
- Four-part Zoom Art Lecture on “The Art of America: How Great American Artists Revealed a New Country and Its People in Portrait, Landscapes, and Photography”. 1st of 4 part series, Feb. 9th at 10am, presented by Bob Potter
- Online Member Show- March 6th-April 16th
- Annual Juried Show, Aug 7th-September 18th, Scranton Memorial Library, unless Covid restrictions apply, then online
- Creations While in Quarantine Online Exhibit at madisonartsocietyct.org. Send images to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enclosed is our calendar of events for 2021. We also have enclosed a MAS membership form for you to fill out and send to Madison Art Society, PO Box 1383, Madison, CT, 06443. You may also renew your membership on our website by clicking here.
We appreciate your support of the Madison Art Society and look forward to keeping all of our members connected to each other and to the community at large. Thank you for your ongoing support for the Madison Art Society!
Any questions or concerns, contact me anytime at 203-536-0341. Stay connected, healthy, and safe in 2021!
Madison Art Society