46th Annual Juried Exhibition and Sale
“End of Day”, Maryanne Rupp
The Madison Art Society’s 46th Annual Juried Exhibition and Sale
August 9 – September 17, 2021
E.C. Scranton Memorial Library
801 Boston Post Rd, Madison, CT
Call for Artists
Online Submissions: July 20 – August 1, 2021
Notification of acceptance: Wednesday, August 4, 2021, by 6PM on the MAS website – www.madisonartsocietyct.org
Receiving of accepted works: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 9:30AM – 11:30AM – In Person Only
Submission Fee: MAS Members – $15 for first entry, $5 for second entry
Non-MAS Members – $20 for first entry, $5 for second entry
Juror: Kathy Anderson, see bio below
Opening Reception: Thursday, August 12, 5PM – 7PM
End of Show pickup: Saturday, September 18, 2021 , 9:30AM – 12PM
- Open to all Connecticut artists, 18 and over.
- 2 pieces of artwork may be submitted. Each artist will be limited to one accepted piece.
- Decisions by the juror are final.
- Original works in all media (except photography or computer generated art) will be accepted.
- Work that has been shown in previous MAS Exhibits or done under tutelage may not be submitted.
- Work must be signed, framed and wired for hanging. Frame may not exceed 32″ on the longest side.
- ‘Not for Sale’ works will be accepted.
- Work must be deemed appropriate for all age viewers.
- Sculpture up to 40lbs is accepted, but the artist must supply pedestal.
- Mixed media are accepted.
- 20% of any sold art will be donated to the MAS.
- An image taken with a smartphone in good lighting is acceptable. Please crop the image to remove any background or frame.
- Please name your image in the following format: last name_ first name _title_ medium _height x width _ price
- For tips on taking an image of your artwork with a smartphone, refer to our recent lecture series presented by Bob Thomas, “Photographing Your Artwork”, now available under the MAS Events section of our website.
Kathy Anderson is known for her garden and floral paintings which depict the subject in a unique way in their feeling of reality, combined with a loose natural look.
Kathy is a master signature member of OPA; an artist member of the National Arts Club, NY, where she is in their permanent collection; an artist member of the Salmagundi Club NY; and a signature member of Allied Artists of America. Kathy is also a long time member of the Rocky Mountain Plein Air Painters, and is currently participating in a plein air trip in Montana, with the show being held at the Bozeman Art Museum.
Her recent awards include OPA gold medal master division, Salon Show; Plein Air Salon best floral ; OPA 2nd place,masters division , Virtuosos of OPA “I believe in painting from life to gain the ability to see values and temperature, and in having a strong foundation in drawing”
Get in Touch
Madison Art Society
P.O. Box 1383
Madison, CT 06443