47th Annual Elected Artist Exhibition
Announcement and Prospectus
Patricia Seekamp, “New England Autumn”
Prospectus: MAS 47th Annual Elected Artist Exhibit
at the Scranton Memorial Library
(Exhibit may be viewed online on the MAS Website)
Exhibit Dates: Monday, November 21 – Friday, January 6, 2023
Online Submissions: November 14 – November 18 at 6:00PM
Please note: You will need to register online before bringing your artwork to the library on Nov. 19th. This exhibit will be both in person and on our website. The link for online submissions is below.
Size Requirements: 38” on the longest side, including frame.
Receiving: Saturday, November 19th, 9:30-Noon at the Scranton Memorial Library.
Reception: Thursday, December 8th, 5:30-7:30pm
Removal Date: Saturday, January 7th, 9:30am–Noon
Eligibility: This exhibit is open to all MAS Elected Artists. To be an Elected Artist you must be accepted into two MAS juried shows within a five-year period with no lapse in membership. 2022 Membership dues must be current.
- Must be a MAS Elected Artist
- 2022 Dues must be current. Click here to pay your dues.
- 1 piece of artwork may be submitted. The entry fee is $10. The fee is payable online (preferred) or by check.
- Original works in all media (except photography or computer-generated art) will be accepted.
- Work that has been shown in previous MAS Exhibits or done under tutelage may not be submitted.
- Work must be signed, framed and wired for hanging. (Wires should be taut so that they hang properly on the cable system.)
- ‘Not for Sale’ works will be accepted.
- Work must be deemed appropriate for all age viewers.
- Sculpture and Mixed media are accepted.
- Inventory tags will be created by MAS, using the information from the submission page. The tags will be placed on the paintings on receiving day.
Sales of Artwork:
- A check will be made out to the artist for the full sales amount. A contribution of 20% of sales will be made to MAS – 10% of which will be donated to the library.
Follow these instructions for online submissions:
- Go to madisonartsocietyct.org and select 47th Annual Elected Artist Exhibition on the homepage. Select Click for Entry Form.
- Submit your high- quality jpg image on the entry form. Do not include the frame in your image. Crop your photo to the edge of the image. Click here for a helpful YouTube video on taking photos of your artwork.
- Make your payment online.
Get in Touch
Madison Art Society
P.O. Box 1383
Madison, CT 06443
or use the contact form below