“New Rudder”, Eileen Eder
48th Annual Juried Exhibition and Sale
The Madison Art Society’s 48th Annual Juried Exhibition
August 7th – September 9th, 2023
Scranton Memorial Library
801 Boston Post Rd. Madison, CT
Over $3,000 in cash prizes will be awarded!
Call for Artists
Submissions: July 1 – July 31 @ 6pm on the MAS website, madisonartsocietyct.org.
Please check the MAS website for the list of accepted works, which will be posted by 6PM on Thursday, August 3, 2023.
Receiving of accepted works: Saturday, August 5, 9:30 to 12 noon, in person only.
Submission Fees: MAS Members – $20 for first entry, $10 for second entry
Non-MAS Members – $40, one entry permitted
To become a member, click here.
Juror: Jacquelyne Gleisner, Director of Seton Gallery, University of New Haven. Read her bio here.
Opening Reception: Thursday, August 10, 5 – 7:30PM
End of Show pickup: Saturday, September 9, 9:30 – 12PM
- Open to all Connecticut artists 18 and over.
- Decisions by the juror are final.
- Original works in all media except photography or computer generated art will be accepted.
- Work that has been shown in previous MAS Exhibits or done under tutelage may not be submitted.
- Work must be signed, framed and wired for hanging. The wire should be placed 1/3 of the way down on the frame for ease of hanging. Frame may not exceed 32” on the longest side.
- “Not For Sale” works will be accepted.
- Work must be deemed appropriate for all age viewers.
- Sculpture up to 40 lbs is accepted but the artist must supply a pedestal.
- Mixed media are accepted.
- 20% of any sold art will be donated to MAS.
- An image taken with a smartphone in good lighting is acceptable. Please crop the image to remove any background or frame.
- Please name your image in the following format: last name_first name_ title_medium_height x width_price.
- For tips on taking an image of your artwork with a smartphone, refer to our lecture series presented by Bob Thomas, “Photographing Your Artwork”, available under the Resources section of our website.
Madison Art Society assumes no liability for damage, loss, or theft of submitted work. All artists are responsible for insuring their own work and hereby waive and release MAS, its volunteers and Board Members from any and all liability.
Please review the show prospectus for important dates and eligibility information before submitting your work.
For questions or help with the online submission form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in Touch
Madison Art Society
P.O. Box 1383
Madison, CT 06443